- We do not adopt guinea pigs as gifts.
- We do not adopt to children
- Please follow this link and read this very important information: http://www.cavyspirit.com/kidsandguineapigs.htm
- The adults in the home must want and be responsible for the guinea pigs.
- The adopters must have appropriate supplies including a cage no smaller than 40 inches long.
- We ask you to fill out a contract supplying us with demographic information and promising to care for the piggies and returning them to us if you can not.
- There is a 25 dollar per guinea pig adoption fee
- Cage either hand made (see www.guineapigcages.com) or store bought no smaller than 40 inches long. Please call before you buy anything!
- 16 ounce water bottle
- Ceramic dish for water spills
- Dish or feeder for pellets
- Guinea pig pellets (Timothy based if they are adults-at Petsmart)
- Timothy Hay
- Care book-we recommend Animal Planet Guinea Pigs
- Vitamin C supplement (see this one)
- Small wood house
- Bedding-Aspen shavings or Carefresh
- We charge 40 dollars for each guinea pig surrendered to the rescue.
- We also require a check-up with our veterinarian prior to accepting privately surrendered piggies. This is to protect our current herd and to assess medical needs before your piggies are left with us. Due to escalating medical costs we may ask you for an additional fee to cover any active medical problems.
- This money goes towards the piggies care for as long as they are with us, and includes medical expenses.
- If this fee is not possible, please consider the free referral program, which would place your piggies on this website with ours, but they will live with you until adopted. This service is free.